How to inject a good foam liner:
The following is the standard procedure used by the best ski men (those who custom fit world cup racers, ski teachers, etc.).
We suggest you follow each operation with the best attention.
- Insert the liner into the shell.
- Adjust the back plastic tubes, paying attention that tubes are not crooked or crossed.
- As to the front tubes, there might be the necessity to cross them in case the shell has a particular shape. However, they must not have any wrinkle.
- Wear a toe cup. In case you have none, wrap the toe with anything to make a thickness of about 10 millimeters to prevent foam pressure to push the foot forward.
- Pay attention that the liner is well up. Right and left liners must be the same height. Tongues must be adjusted too.
- Put the skier in a platform with toes higher than the heel. In case you do not have a platform, a piece of wood can be placed on the toe area.
- Pour all the isocyanate of the small bottle into the big one (polyol).
- screw the adapter of the tubes onto the bottle.
- Shake strongly for about 10 seconds with the bottle in the upright position.
- Turn bottle upside down and keep shaking for 10 more seconds.
- Keep the bottle in that position and let the liquid flow in.
Note: for safety, it is a good care to cover the bottle with a plastic bag because in case of leaking, the liquid will not waste the liner or other things..
- The liquid gets into the liner and after a few seconds it starts getting out from the front tubes. Sometimes, however, because of the foot shape, the liquid can find it difficult to get out from one tube (usually from the inside tube). In this case stop the opposite entrance, in our example is the outside tube, untill the liquid is coming out also from the missing tube.
- NOW CLOSE ALL BUCKLES, at normal tension, starting from the middle buckle (the one on the instep)
- About 30 seconds after the liquid has stopped getting out from the front tubes, open the front buckle and pull out the front tubes.
- Close the front buckle.
- Pull out also the back tubes and check that all buckles are closed normally.
- You can now inject the other boot.
- When finished, wait for 10 more minutes before taking boots out.